Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Comfort and Joy

November 15, 2009
Made some beer on Sunday and broke the hot water heater spigot in the process. This recipe came from my head and I think it will turn out beautifully. I used an Edinborough (Scotch Ale) Yeast in one Carboy and an English Ale Yeast in the other. Both White Labs. Thanks to Chip and Carson from Steinfillers for their nods of approval as I pieced together this beer that hopefully will fill me with "Comfort and Joy" right before I dream of sugar plums.

18 lbs. English Two Row
1/2 lb. Chocolate Malt
1/2 lb. Black Patent Malt
1/2 lb. Crystal 35
1/2 lb. Crystal 75

Mashed in at 128 raised temp to 158

60 min boil
40 min 2 oz. Chinook
10 min 2 oz. Crystal
5 min 3 cinnamon sticks
5 tsps. Allspice

Planning on soaking oak chips in bourbon for the secondary.

0 comments: